Saturday 27 March 2010

27 March 2010 - Game within a game

The last few weeks have been really busy with other projects, a trip to Blitz Game Studios in Leamington (which was awesome) and a presentation / exam in University. As a result progress has been slow but I have managed to do a few more things in the last few days.

As it's been an exhausting time, I decided to work on the aesthetics, slowly ticking things off the monumental to-do list. The Lumsden Aeronauts rugby ground was textured in a day, which was a massive boost to my confidence. I love it when things are done as quickly as that - because they rarely work out like that.

Here are some screencaps of the ground: Please excuse the purple hills, they're untextured and work-in-progress. I'm not colour blind or putting tributes to Eminem and D12 in my game.





At the time of writing, i'm currently working on a damaged section of the Igford viaduct, an Airship based on the ones featured in last year's game project Igford-Under-Siege!, some railway lines and log piles for obstacles. It's going to be a busy weekend...